Pursuant to the Washington Public Records Act, § 42.56 et seq., I am writing to request all public records related to the Port of Seattle’s written agreements with the Louis Dreyfus Corp. (and/or related parties/entities), annually from 2015 to the present. In particular, please provide the following:
- All contracts or agreements between the Port of Seattle, (including the City of Seattle and/or the Northwest Seaport Alliance) and the Louis Dreyfus Corp.
- All documents which reflect revenues earned/paid from the arrangement including, but not limited to:
- Lease payments (including terms and conditions)
- Common Area Maintenance Fees
- Rail Car Fees (wheelage tax, car access fees, etc.)
- Security Fees
- Dockage Fees
- Wharfage Fees
- Any other user fees
- All documents which reflect costs and investments imposed on Louis Dreyfus Corp., from the arrangement including, but not limited to:
- Any and all insurance requirements
- Pass through costs related to the above revenue streams
- Investment in recent expansions or new facilities to increase capacity for:
- Rail, barge, truck or vessel unload or load out
- Storage of commodities or other products
- Other efficiencies that benefit the parties identified above
- Costs directly related to maintain the grain facility, dock, or harbor for which the Port is not reimbursed by the named parties above. For example:
- Maintenance of the named parties’ facilities, dock, or rail infrastructure
Please provide this information separately for both parties. If there are any fees for searching or copying these records, please inform me if the cost will exceed $100. The Washington Public Records Act requires a response to this request be made within five business days. If access to the records I am requesting will take longer than this amount of time, please contact me with information about when I might expect copies or the ability to inspect the requested records.
If you deny any or all of this request, please cite each specific exemption you feel justifies the refusal to release the information and notify me of the appeal procedures available under the law.
Thank you for the prompt attention and consideration of this request.